Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Quoting Emerson

I'm consoling myself with R.W. Emerson this morning: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."

Because I have posted every day since January 1, but last night I was too busy, and then too tired and too uninspired, so I didn't get anything online.

I could have done two entries today and dated one for yesterday, but I decided not to. I don't need to get obsessive about this cyberproject. On the contrary. It needs to fit into the spaces in my life, not displace any more important activities.

Happy Valentine's Day.

3 comments:

yellojkt said...

I have never tried to post every day. I think three good post a week (or 2 good ones and 2 half-assed ones) is plenty.

Anonymous said...

Emerson is a favorite source of insight and I quote him with some frequency. My second wife was an editor of a 10 volume work on Emerson when she was at Wellsley. He was frequently invoked in our discussions. The only way I could win an argument was by reading and remembering those insights and inserting them appropriately. -Shiloh

Anonymous said...

On Blogging: Twice I have tried to maintain a Blog, with no success. I can never remember or find my notes on how they were created and how to access them. The two, if I recall correctly, are titled WA and Shiloh. I can only access them by searching for WA from within another blog and then linking to the Shiloh connection within the WA profile. I give up easily when the pursuit is not intellectual and the mechanics frustrate me. And, strangely, can work on building a thing like a house, yet cannot build a blog. -Shiloh